Monday, December 3, 2007

Why I like Mike

As a preacher from time to time I am asked to dive into the political pool. While I believe in voting and voting your faith, I hesitate to give advice. This is mainly because my business is God’s Word and if there are no two diametrically opposed forces than Politics and God’s Word. However in certain conditions when the time is right and God moves I am forced to comment. Now is such a time, it is time for Republicans to start choosing a candidate.

While I could never support Rudy Giuliani for President because he is a pro-gun control, pro-abortion candidate who in my estimation is no better than a liberal democrat. I also considered The senior senator from my state Arizona John McCain. I again in good conscience could not support him, I am not interested in a president who wants more government, in my life. I want a man in the Oval Office who will support my political views as well as a man who fears the Lord and knows him on a personal basis. I believe that Mike Huckabee is that man.

Gov. Huckabee says in his website, “Real faith makes us humble and mindful, not of the faults of others, but of our own. It makes us less judgmental, as we see others with the same frailties we have. Faith gives us strength in the face of injustice and motivates us to do our best for the least of us.” I have seen this spirit of humility in Gov. Huckabee in his debates and his answer to questions posed by the media. I further believe that we need a government that should give us the freedom to prosper, a government that should get out of our pockets, out of our homes, and out of our lives. Ronald Reagan once said, “In this present day of crisis, government is not the answer to our problems, government is the problem.” I believe that is true today more than ever, I believe that Gov. Mike Huckabee is the man that can lead us to an America we can be proud of, and American that is once again free.

No comments: